Saturday, December 1, 2012

December Learning for the Toddler Kid

December is packed FULL of learning opportunities.  Since my little turkey is expressing interest in the alphabet right now, I made our first week all about the letters.  We are using books, videos, flashcards, magnets, letter sound games, matching games, a writing board, crafts, online games, foods, and songs to explore the alphabet thoroughly.  I find variety helps keep a 2-year-old from getting bored when covering only one concept for a whole week.  Weeks 2 & 3 will be spent exploring some of the holidays of December: Hanukkah, Solstice, and Christmas (both the secular and religious traditions).  We'll be spending the end of the month learning about Winter, cold weather, dressing appropriately, naked trees, and snow (I'm really hoping it will at some point this winter).  As usual, I'll post photos as we go through the lessons and let you know about all the fun learning that is going on and the ridiculous mishaps that occur too. I would love to hear back from any of you use my plans and let me know how some of the activities work in your house or what things you changed to work better for family (respectfully, please).
Month 6 - December

The Alphabet Learning Center

Alphabet Board

Books about Letters

FLASHCARDS!

Letter Learning Games

Abel likes the most annoying one in the stack...
 
Felt Christmas Tree w/ Ornaments.  Hopefully this will help us keep his hands off the 'real' Christmas trees.

Felt Snowmen with primary color accessories for mix & match games.

No comments:

Post a Comment