Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Turkey Feather's Tuesday

     Today was WILD!  And, by wild I mean only the kind of wild that a toddler can make happen.  Since I will be babysitting for the next 3 days, I decided that I should make today all about my little Mr. Turkey Feathers.  We learned about the letter H.  The kid is pretty good at his "huh, huh, huhs, ho, ho, hos, ha, ha, has, and hellos".  We made hippopotamus pancakes, which looked nothing like hippopotamuses and talked about how hilarious I am (so hilarious that I give him hiccups).  While at storytime at The Booksellers, we enjoyed a round of song and dance including the Hokie Pokie in their repertoire and made heart-shaped valentines (I've been singing Nirvana's Heart-Shaped Box since).  We played with his helicopter and hammer; we played hide-and-seek; and we practiced hopping and hugging and hand-holding.  I even let the child brush my hair (BTW, I do not recommend trying this on yourself).

 
     When I finally got a nap-break, I made (A) a set of alphabet and number clothes pins to practice matching and later placing things in order.

alphabet clothes pins

numbered clothes pins
 I wish I could say Turkey Feathers did this himself, but he's 
still a bit young so I helped him pick the correct numbers.  
On the other hand, he did get to practice his pincher skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment